Schenectady City School District Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Schenectady City School District Forum

Please share your thoughts and ideas.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

English regents exam.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
citizenwhowillnotcope

English regents exam. Empty
PostSubject: English regents exam.   English regents exam. EmptyTue 27 Jan 2009, 6:36 pm

Tomorrow we are expected to have bad weather , and were told that if we closed we would have to re do the entire test in june.

please do not close school tomorrow. I have put too much work into this test to have it thrown away.
Back to top Go down
Mr.NHK

PostSubject: Re: English regents exam.   English regents exam. EmptyWed 28 Jan 2009, 8:20 am

citizenwhowillnotcope wrote:
Tomorrow we are expected to have bad weather , and were told that if we closed we would have to re do the entire test in june.

please do not close school tomorrow. I have put too much work into this test to have it thrown away.

Everyone has put in a lot of work, but alas, school is closed. ( I wanted school today too!)

Mr. Ely, do you know if in June we will have to retake the entire regents, or just take Session 2?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: English regents exam.   English regents exam. EmptyWed 28 Jan 2009, 10:32 am

Any senior who took and passed the Comprehensive English Session I Tuesday, January 27 will not have to retake this part. These students will be eligible to take the component retest (May 2009) for the remainder of the exam.

Juniors who took Session I will still be required take both parts of the exam in June.
Back to top Go down
https://tell-us.forumotion.com
Mr.NHK

PostSubject: Re: English regents exam.   English regents exam. EmptyWed 28 Jan 2009, 12:16 pm

Admin wrote:
Any senior who took and passed the Comprehensive English Session I Tuesday, January 27 will not have to retake this part. These students will be eligible to take the component retest (May 2009) for the remainder of the exam.

Juniors who took Session I will still be required take both parts of the exam in June.

Will we at least be able to find out how we did on that session 1? Why can't they take the part 1 from now, and the part 2 from June?
Back to top Go down
Mike

PostSubject: NYSED is to blame   English regents exam. EmptyWed 28 Jan 2009, 8:45 pm

The blame here lies with NYSED. It is impossible to accept that they do not have an extra version of each regents available in case of such situations. You would think that, they would have learned this when the Chem regents was cancelled because the New York Times published the answers.

I was infuriated this evening to hear the news report that the regents was just postponed till June. This shows a complete lack of understanding for what NYSED allowed to happen out their lack of planning and laziness.

At least 600 of our kids hard work has been thrown in the garbage. There is no acceptable reason why NYSED should not be sending over a back up version of part II of the English exam and the Foreign Language Exams to be administered on Monday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: English regents exam.   English regents exam. Empty

Back to top Go down

English regents exam.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Schenectady City School District Forum :: Closed and Locked-
Jump to: