Schenectady City School District Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Schenectady City School District Forum

Please share your thoughts and ideas.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Howe Proposal Meeting

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wachala1

Howe Proposal Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Howe Proposal Meeting   Howe Proposal Meeting EmptyThu 05 Feb 2009, 10:46 pm

On Tuesday, February 17th at 6 - 9 pm, there will be a meeting at the Schenectady Library in the McChesney room for those parents, neighbors and staff who are opposed to the Howe Proposal. There will be an open forum and a petition to sign as well.

If others would like to write letters, please feel free to email them to awachala@nycap.rr.com

Thank you,

Joyce Wachala
Back to top Go down
Denise Della Villa

PostSubject: Re: Howe Proposal Meeting   Howe Proposal Meeting EmptyThu 05 Feb 2009, 11:14 pm

Joyce,

Last night at the board meeting, president of the Board, Jeff Janiszewski, asked me to present a consensus of the Howe community. It was brought to the attention of all the parents, teachers and staff that attended the HOWE PTO meeting tonight, that a survey is coming home where the Howe community can give their opinion of the proposal and concerns that they have and if they would like a discussion group where a facilitator and/or speaker can attend to answer questions.

I think it's strange that you are this concerned with the Howe community but yet, I haven't seen you at any PTO meetings or events this year. You did, however, contact me in which, I immediately responded with a phone call to listen to your questions and concerns about the proposal.

I know that I have made it clear as a parent where I stand on this proposal but as PTO President of Howe School, it is my responsibility and duty to represent the opinions and concerns of the HOWE community as a whole. I wish you had contacted me before arranging a RALLY that will only make matters worse. We discussed tonight at the PTO meeting the importance of coming together and not polarizing our group. I fear that this meeting that you have organized will only serve to pit people against each other. We need to act as adults. Divisiveness is not a solution!

Sincerely,

Denise Della Villa
HOWE PTO President
(you have my email and phone number)
Back to top Go down
wachala1

PostSubject: Re: Howe Proposal Meeting   Howe Proposal Meeting EmptyThu 05 Feb 2009, 11:47 pm

Dear Denise,

I do not agree with you regarding the Howe proposal, nor will I ever. What I do agree on is that we are both loving and caring parents who only want the best for their children. You feel one way about the proposal and I the other - it's simply our opinions. It's what makes our lives in America so blessed, that we all have opinions and are able to express them freely. Just because I don't agree with the proposal certainly does not mean I am against anyone - I just don't feel the same way as you do. That's all.

I have increadible respect for all that you do at the PTO and I certainly respect your opinion on the Howe Proposal. I simply want to give voice to the other side of the issue. All people want to be heard and it's not a bad thing. Nothing is ever black or white. I'm just hoping that all people have a chance to voice their concerns and praises to this proposal equally and fairly.

Again, the meeting is Tuesday, February 17th at the downtown Schenectady Library from 6 - 9pm. All are invited.

Thanks,
Joyce Wachala
Back to top Go down
A Schdy Lifer

PostSubject: This needs to stop   Howe Proposal Meeting EmptyFri 06 Feb 2009, 11:11 am

We need to stop trying to rally and make groups that are totally one sided or the other. We need to follow the Board's request and fill out the survey form. This survey form gives you the opportunity to stress your opinion freely without causing a drawing of the swords. The right of your opinions is not being discredited. The survey does not sway the people to one side or the other. It doesn't allow people to hold grudges against each other for what they say or feel. It allows them to be honest. I think holding a forum negative or positive is damaging to our community and is affecting our children. Parents get all in huff and don't you think that the children around them see this!!!!

I am begging you Joyce to cancel this meeting and let the survey do it's job. For the sake of the community allow people to be anonymous so they can speak freely!
Back to top Go down
Mary Kay Fenner

PostSubject: Re: Howe Proposal Meeting   Howe Proposal Meeting EmptyFri 06 Feb 2009, 12:27 pm

To the mom who will never agree to this proposal. What are your alternate plans if it does pass? I know I am looking into and have been looking into alternate plans if it does not pass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howe Proposal Meeting   Howe Proposal Meeting Empty

Back to top Go down

Howe Proposal Meeting
Page 1 of 1