Schenectady City School District Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Schenectady City School District Forum

Please share your thoughts and ideas.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

K-8 Proposal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sm12

K-8 Proposal Empty
PostSubject: K-8 Proposal   K-8 Proposal EmptyThu 12 Feb 2009, 3:58 pm

I have been reading the discussion board and I want to say I have to agree with what Mary Kay Fenner on moving forward with this proposal.

I am very much in favor of the K-8 proposal going through. When I read that there was going to be another meeting held at the Schdy Library for people that are against the proposal, I couldn't help but think, that is the kind of thing that could be potentially harmful to our community. The public forums, the School Board Meeting, and the PTO meetings are being held, so that people can go and voice their opinion's no matter what "side" they are on. There is also a survey going around created by the Howe School PTO that gives parents a chance to speak there mind without feeling pressured. There is no obligation to put your name on this proposal, you are able to say what you feel, and it will be turned into the School Board. People seem to be upset about Howe PTO creating a survey, but for those of you who attended the School Board Meeting, this is exactly what Jeff Janiszewski, President of the School Board had specifically asked Howe PTO do to. This would enable the School Board to get a better understanding of what the concerns were of the community. I also have to say that as Mary Kay has said on this forum, as well as others, "This is a great opportunity for our children to be together with ths same International Theme program that our children have become accustomed to, and apply it towards the middle school years." These children would still get the Magnet School opportunities, as well as programs that are being offered at Central Park right now. I have an Upper grade child, and it is comforting to know that these things would continue, instead of being thrown into a "large" fishbowl, without the wonderful program that works so well now. We are all entitled to our opinions, but we need to continue to be the strong community, that we all chose to be in, and work together as a team.
Back to top Go down
Excited parent

K-8 Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: K-8 Proposal   K-8 Proposal EmptyThu 12 Feb 2009, 4:27 pm

BRAVO!! Well said!!
Back to top Go down
KMCB

K-8 Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: K-8 Proposal   K-8 Proposal EmptyFri 13 Feb 2009, 11:16 pm

"These children would still get the Magnet School opportunities, as well as programs that are being offered at Central Park right now"

What about OUR CHILDREN that were in line to take advantage of the programs that are being offered at Central Park right now? How is it fair that they get pushed out of the way to make room for the kids at Howe?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

K-8 Proposal Empty
PostSubject: Re: K-8 Proposal   K-8 Proposal Empty

Back to top Go down

K-8 Proposal
Page 1 of 1