Schenectady City School District Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Schenectady City School District Forum

Please share your thoughts and ideas.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Paraprofessionals

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
vixmom

Paraprofessionals Empty
PostSubject: Paraprofessionals   Paraprofessionals EmptyThu 22 Jan 2009, 3:08 pm

As a Paraprofessional in this district for the past 8 years I feel compelled to voice my opinion. I not only am a para but a parent of a student in this district. What i would like to know is when will "we" find out f we are going to have jobs next year and where? I dont know about anyone else but I cant wait until June to find this out. I am a single parent with a family to support and losing my position means loss of income and health insurance. I dont neccessarily disagree with the changes being made to CPMs, but for people to lose their positions over those changes in unacceptable. they have an awesome administration, excellent teachers and the paras are just exceptional....... So what happens to us????
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Paraprofessionals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paraprofessionals   Paraprofessionals EmptyThu 22 Jan 2009, 4:53 pm

vixmom wrote:
As a Paraprofessional in this district for the past 8 years I feel compelled to voice my opinion. I not only am a para but a parent of a student in this district. What i would like to know is when will "we" find out f we are going to have jobs next year and where? I dont know about anyone else but I cant wait until June to find this out. I am a single parent with a family to support and losing my position means loss of income and health insurance. I dont neccessarily disagree with the changes being made to CPMs, but for people to lose their positions over those changes in unacceptable. they have an awesome administration, excellent teachers and the paras are just exceptional....... So what happens to us????

A: While many positions are “up in the air” for consideration in next year’s budget, paraprofessionals who have your years of service should be very confident of maintaining a position. The majority of our paraprofessional force are in their first five years of service and we would obviously take years of service into consideration as we reduce our work force if we are forced to do so. Changing Central Park to another configuration will not change the number of children that need to be served.
Back to top Go down
https://tell-us.forumotion.com

Paraprofessionals
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Schenectady City School District Forum :: Closed and Locked :: Budget-
Jump to: