Schenectady City School District Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Schenectady City School District Forum

Please share your thoughts and ideas.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

who is the project officer in US Department of Ed for SLC grant

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sandra

who is the project officer in US Department of Ed for SLC grant Empty
PostSubject: who is the project officer in US Department of Ed for SLC grant   who is the project officer in US Department of Ed for SLC grant EmptyTue 27 Jan 2009, 10:55 am

Who is the project officer in the US Department of Education for the smaller learning community grant at the high school? Is this grant still funding part of the program or has it expired? It would be great if I could get a name, phone number and email address. The differences in smaller learning communities can be fascinating and I would love to share my opinions with someone at a higher level.

Sandra
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: who is the project officer in US Department of Ed for SLC grant   who is the project officer in US Department of Ed for SLC grant EmptyTue 27 Jan 2009, 3:01 pm

Sandra wrote:
Who is the project officer in the US Department of Education for the smaller learning community grant at the high school? Is this grant still funding part of the program or has it expired? It would be great if I could get a name, phone number and email address. The differences in smaller learning communities can be fascinating and I would love to share my opinions with someone at a higher level.

Sandra

A: This grant was a planning and implementation grant that ran out several years ago. I don’t know anybody in the federal department of education.
Back to top Go down
https://tell-us.forumotion.com
Sandra

PostSubject: No house left behind   who is the project officer in US Department of Ed for SLC grant EmptySun 01 Feb 2009, 1:30 am

The smaller learning communities grant is funded by NCLB. Although this is not a source of funding currently for the Schenectady School District, parents may want to contact one Angela Hernandez-Marshall with any concerns/questions regarding having different extra educational opportunities for different houses, not having college visits for each house, having huge differences in the number of IB students per house and any other concerns about how one high school with four learning communities cannot seem to provide equal opportunities for students. Per response from admin that no one was known in the US Department of Education- maybe now is the time for adminstrators to get to know the US Department of Education staff members that manage programs that Schenectayd may be interested in for the future. Relationship building may not always be practiced in Schenectady but could be a building block for the future.

Angela Hernandez-Marshall
Team Leader
Small Learning Communities
High School Programs
Office of Elementary and Secondary Education
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue. S.W., Rm. 3E308
LBJ Federal Office Building
Washington, DC 20202-6200
Telephone: 202-205-1909
E-mail: smallerlearningcommunities@ed.gov
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who is the project officer in US Department of Ed for SLC grant   who is the project officer in US Department of Ed for SLC grant Empty

Back to top Go down

who is the project officer in US Department of Ed for SLC grant
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Schenectady City School District Forum :: Closed and Locked-
Jump to: