Schenectady City School District Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Schenectady City School District Forum

Please share your thoughts and ideas.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What is the replacement policy for classroom materials

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Curious

What is the replacement policy for classroom materials Empty
PostSubject: What is the replacement policy for classroom materials   What is the replacement policy for classroom materials EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 7:29 pm

I have heard there are still classrooms with globes that have the USSR on them. The USSR ceased to exist in 1991, so I would think that this is beyond reasonable timing for replacement. What is the policy for updating classroom materials like globes and maps (or any other such material that becomes dated) and how often do they get replaced?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is the replacement policy for classroom materials   What is the replacement policy for classroom materials EmptyThu 08 Jan 2009, 11:57 am

Curious wrote:
I have heard there are still classrooms with globes that have the USSR on them. The USSR ceased to exist in 1991, so I would think that this is beyond reasonable timing for replacement. What is the policy for updating classroom materials like globes and maps (or any other such material that becomes dated) and how often do they get replaced?

A: I am not aware of a policy regarding the replacement of classroom equipment and am generally not involved in the request/approval process for these types of classroom materials. The request for updated materials sometimes begins with the principal or curriculum coordinator, particularly at the middle schools and high school. Most often, the classroom teacher will make the first request for new classroom materials which then filters to the building principal and subject area coordinators for approval before it goes through the purchasing process. Please keep in mind that our district's use of technology, specifically computers, curriculum-related software, smart boards, etc. has replaced the use of many traditional materials. I am not aware that any requests for necessary materials have been denied. I can only assume that a request has not been made to replace these materials. Since I don't know what building or classroom(s) you may be referencing, I can't provide a specific reason. Unfortunately, the upcoming budget development process and the necessary future budget restrictions may impact our ability to purchase materials. Such requests will need to be prioitized and in some cases denied.
Back to top Go down
https://tell-us.forumotion.com
moab

PostSubject: classroom materials   What is the replacement policy for classroom materials EmptyFri 09 Jan 2009, 7:08 am

wonder if there is a difference in how outdated materials are based on the school? it would be neat to see if there really are globes with USSR on them yet and if yes, what classrooms they are in. Bet it is not in a magnet school
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: outdated maps   What is the replacement policy for classroom materials EmptySat 24 Jan 2009, 2:28 pm

They are there- try MP and CP.[use them for ancient history ahah]
So-- where are these smart boards to use in every class[ at a cost of thousands per and required certification/training to use] and as for computers to teach map skills, with classrooms having maybe 4 per room and class of 20-25- what a wait to teach a lesson!!
Get a computer per child ?? OR maybe we can update that $100 globe vs the $$$$$ computer or smart board.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the replacement policy for classroom materials   What is the replacement policy for classroom materials Empty

Back to top Go down

What is the replacement policy for classroom materials
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Schenectady City School District Forum :: Closed and Locked-
Jump to: