Schenectady City School District Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Schenectady City School District Forum

Please share your thoughts and ideas.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

central park feeder schools

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hubbard

central park feeder schools Empty
PostSubject: central park feeder schools   central park feeder schools EmptyFri 13 Feb 2009, 2:32 pm

The proposed k-8 plan will displace several elementary schools from sending their kids to Central Park. I've seen comments from parents which refer to the changes for Paige, Woodlawn and Howe, but have not seen comments concerning the change for Lincoln parents. Many of these kids (if not all?) would be walkers to Central Park, so certainly having them now bussed to Oneida (I think the proposal is for Oneida, not Mt Pleasant) would be a significant change for them as well. How well have their parents been notified of the proposed change? I know there was discussion about having a survey for parents to give input about the change. A survey was done at Howe. A survey has been discussed at Paige, and (maybe Woodlawn?) The time constraints put to each school are so limited w/the short notice parents were given about the proposal, so surveys, meetings, etc. are all quite rushed. Let's make sure we hear equally from each school and make sure that everyone is clearly informed of the possible changes. Let's also not assume that everyone has a voice through an internet forum. Not all parents have internet access and extra care should be taken to hear from parents w/out that access.
Back to top Go down
KMCB

central park feeder schools Empty
PostSubject: Re: central park feeder schools   central park feeder schools EmptyFri 13 Feb 2009, 11:50 pm

Thank you for this! My son goes to Woodlawn and we just received a note home explaning the proposal on tuesday. I wouldn't be surprised if many of the parents at Lincoln were still in the dark about where the futures of their children lay. I personally am baffled by it all, I feel like my children are being robbed of the programs that CPMS has to offer and I don't understand how one school that isn't even a "community school" gets favored in all of this.
Back to top Go down

central park feeder schools
Page 1 of 1